Head of New Strategies and Impact
Lisa Wong is a sustainable investment specialist, having spent over 5 years working in environmental and social impact investment. Currently she leads AIM’s impact reporting capability, and is part of the Sustainability team, conducting sustainability verification analysis on green and other use of proceeds bonds.
Previously she was at Nikko Asset Management focusing on emerging markets and green bond research, whilst leading the firm’s European thought leadership initiative, writing articles for the global research site. At Nikko she met with many green and other use of proceeds bonds issuers, including prospective issuers. She also conducted investor research trips to Latin America, meeting with economic and energy policy makers, development specialists and central banks to support the Fixed Income and Global Currency teams on macroeconomic research. She also spent time at Citi in the Inclusive Finance group, which works across Citi’s businesses to develop solutions and enable the bank, its clients and partners to invest and provide services reaching base of the pyramid populations, this included working with development agencies, emerging market financial institutions, NGOs and multinational corporations on their financial inclusion strategies. In 2016, Lisa was appointed 1 of 50 World Economic Forum Global Shapers in London, serving until 2020.
Since 2011, she has also served as a member of the Steering Committee, in various roles from Communications Manager to currently Treasurer, for the UK Chapter for the international voluntary network Women Advancing Microfinance. For WAM UK, she has helped organize keynote events and conferences with high profile speakers such as Nobel Peace Prize Winner, Professor Yunus, UK Members of Parliament and Parliamentary Groups, CEOs/Founders of microfinance organisations, such as Women’s World Banking, FINCA etc, connecting them to UK professionals. Lisa also writes for various online publications on private sector innovation in addressing public challenges e.g. Global Fund for Women, Business Fights Poverty, with a distribution network of over 600,000. She is a fluent English and Cantonese Speaker.
Lisa holds a MA (Cantab) from the University of Cambridge and a dual-degree Master of Public Administration (MPA) joint awarded by the London School of Economics and Columbia University, specializing in politics and economics.
Employment & Qualifications
- Head of New Strategies and Impact, London, UK, Affirmative Investment Management, July 2015 – Present
- Research Analyst, Nikko Asset Management London, UK, Global FX & Fixed Income Team, July 2012 - June 2015
- Risk Analyst at Citi, London, Inclusive Finance Group, July 2011- June 2012
- MPA Consultant to Moody’s Investor Services, NY, US, Sovereign Risk Team, January – May 2011
- World Economic Forum, Global Shaper, London, June 2016 – Present (until 2020)
- Investment Management Programme - Fixed Income, London Business School, London, January - March 2014
- Master of Public Administration (MPA) in International Finance and Economic Policy, Columbia University, New York, Sept 2010 – May 2011
- MPA in Public Policy and Management, London School of Economics and Political Science, London, UK Oct 2009 – June 2010
- BA(hons) English Literature, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK, October 2005 – June, 2008