Chief Operating Officer
Michelle qualified and worked as a Chartered Accountant with Ernst & Young for 8 years and has over 20 years’ direct experience within financial services, including 12 years at Goldman Sachs. Michelle’s broad experience in finance, operations, compliance and regulatory risk led to her being elevated to European Head of Operations, Performance and Client Reporting within Goldman Sachs Asset Management. In 2015 Michelle became AIM’s Chief Operating Officer, utilising her vast experience to ensure that AIM build a world class asset management company built on a solid platform orientated to quality client reporting and close adherence to regulatory requirements. Michelle also has extensive experience in fixed income, bank loans and fixed income derivatives products having led these middle office and operations teams for the Goldman Sachs broker dealer business in Europe.
Michelle has held a number of non-executive directorships over the past 8 years, and is a strong proponent of good corporate governance.
Michelle holds a Master of Commerce (Hons) in Economics and Accounting from the University of Canterbury, New Zealand and is a member of the Institute of Chartered accountants England & Wales (ICAEW), Chartered Accountants Australia New Zealand (CAANZ) and the Institute of Directors (IoD) in London and New Zealand.
Employment & Qualifications
- Chief Operating Officer, Affirmative Investment Management, London, UK June 2015- Present
- Goldman Sachs Group, March 1994 until July 2006:
- European Head of Global Control, Goldman Sachs Limited, March 1994 – June 1996
- European Head of Operations, Performance and Client Reporting, Goldman Sachs Asset Management, July 1996 - April 2001
- European Head of Operations and Middle Office for Fixed Income and Fixed Income Derivatives, Goldman Sachs Limited, May 2001 – July 2006
- Chartered Account, Ernst & Young, London UK, August 1985 - February 1994
- Provisional Accountant, Arthur Young, New Zealand, January 1982 – July 1985
- IoD London, 2012
- IoD NZ, 2008
- CAANZ, 1985
- ICAEW, 1990
- Pyne Gould Corporation, November 2014 – Present
- Heartland Bank plc, November 2009 - February 2013
- Medical Assurance (NZ), July 2007 - December 2012
- Solid Energy, October 2010 - September 2012
- Arts Festival (Christchurch NZ), November 2007- April 2011
- Master of Commerce (Hons), Education & Accounting, University of Canterbury, Canterbury, New Zealand, February 1978– December 1981