Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer
Stuart co-founded AIM in 2014 following over 25 years of experience in the asset management industry. As a leader in the green bond sector, proving instrumental in 2010 in the creation of the World’s first green bond fund in close collaboration with the World Bank, Stuart carried over his unique expertise in fund management and impact investment to form AIM, the world’s first dedicated green and impact bond fund management company.
Graduating from the London School of Economics with a First Class Honours Degree, Stuart first worked for Morgan Stanley and ANZ Merchant on the fixed income side before joining F&C Investment Management as a Fixed Income Portfolio Manager. During his 10 years at F&C Stuart became responsible for the management of global balanced accounts, derivative based index funds which tracked equity as well as commodity indices and conventional fixed income products. He was made one of the youngest directors of F&C Management.
Whilst at F&C, Stuart became closely involved with a joint venture with the Japanese joint venture LTCB Foreign, taking over all investment policy within the company before becoming fully in charge of the operation as Managing Director.
This broad industry knowledge proved invaluable when Stuart left F&C to become Head of Fixed Income at Nikko Asset Management in London. He was soon elevated to Chief Investment Officer of London. In this position Stuart grew AUM in the fixed income arena from $1 billion to over $17 billion and created a stable and successful team of Investment Managers that has evolved as market conditions changed.
As an experienced investment professional, Stuart has been an invited speaker at major industry conferences on issues from Emerging Markets to Asset Allocation. For many years Stuart has acted as Senior Advisor on a multibillion supranational pension fund. He has also been involved in successfully winning new institutional mandates for the group as well as attending institutional client meetings from UK pension funds to sovereign wealth funds. Stuart is also a frequent speaker on sustainable finance and green bonds, given his leadership in the asset class.
Employment & Qualifications
- Co- founder & CEO, Affirmative Investment Management, June 2014- Present.
- CIO and CEO, Head of Fixed Income of London office, Nikko Asset Management Europe, February 1999-2014
- Managing Director of F&C Joint venture with LTC, April 1995- January 1999
- Fixed Income Portfolio Manager, Director, Foreign & Colonial Investment (F&C), November 1989- January 1999
- Fixed Income Economist, ANZ Merchant Bank, September 1987 - November 1989
- Morgan Stanley Graduate Trainee Programme, August 1986 - September 1987
- BSc Economics, London School of Economics & Political Science, First Class Honours, 1983-1986