Tess Olsen-Rong is a Sustainability Associate at Affirmative Investment Management. Tess has over 5 years’ experience in responsible investment and environmental social and governance (ESG) analysis.
Tess joined AIM in June 2016 after two years as Manager of the Market and Data Analysis team at the Climate Bonds Initiative (CBI), a not-for-profit research and standards provider that focuses on mobilising debt capital markets for low carbon and climate resilient solutions. Whilst at CBI, Tess was responsible for the influential report Bonds & Climate Change State of the Market in 2015, for launching of the first public list of green bonds and, for working with the UNFCCC to add green bonds to its NAZCA Climate Action platform.
Previous to CBI Tess was part of the Corporate Governance and Responsible Investment team at BlackRock, which conducts proxy voting and engagement on behalf of BlackRock’s equity holdings. As part of her role, she evaluated ESG risks of EMEA based companies and contributed to a firm wide project to integrate ESG into the mainstream investment process.
Education & Qualifications
- Sustainability Associate, Affirmative Investment Management, June 2016 – Present
- Manager, Market and Data Analysis, Climate Bonds Initiative, August 2014 – May 2016
- Associate, Corporate Governance and Responsible Investment, BlackRock, January 2011 – July 2014
- Marketing Assistant, HomeSun, September 2010 – October 2010
- BA Hons Economics and Economic History, University of York, October 2006 – July 2009